SERVICE AGREEMENT (TERMS AND CONDITIONS)
Parties: Michelle Dunbar (Editing Services) <Author Name> (independent author)
These terms and conditions apply to any work done on behalf of the Author by Michelle Dunbar (Editing Services).
- Michelle Dunbar will provide the requested services agreed upon in email or Facebook Messenger correspondence.
- The Author is under no obligation to offer Michelle Dunbar work; neither is she under any obligation to accept work offered by the Author.
- The work will be carried out by Michelle Dunbar.
- Submission of this form implies that the Author acknowledges and agrees to these terms and conditions
Prior to the commencement of any work, Michelle Dunbar and the Author will agree, in writing, to the terms of the project:
- the work required
- the fee for the project, based on our evaluation of the material
- the time frame required to complete the job, including the date the material will be returned to the author
- A quotation will be provided after a sample has been evaluated and after discussing the requested service(s) with the Author.
- Fees are charged per word, OR per hour, OR for an agreed flat fee.
- Once the fee has been agreed, it is non-negotiable unless the Client extends the word count or requests additional services. Should this occur, a revised quotation and completion date(s) will be negotiated.
- The Author agrees to pay half of the quoted sum prior to work commencing. Late payment may result in your project being rescheduled.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Author agrees to pay half the remaining balance after the completion of the work. Manuscripts will be returned after the scheduled instalment has been received.
- Increases in pricing occurs on 1stJanuary each year at a rate of 5%.
Delays and Rescheduling
- Michelle Dunbar should be notified as soon as it becomes apparent that there will be a delay in submitting your manuscript.
- We reserve the right to terminate or reschedule the contract if there is a delay in excess of seven days.
- Either party may terminate this agreement.
- If work has commenced, you will be invoiced for the work completed to date. The manuscript will be returned upon payment of any outstanding funds. If the Author is owed a refund, this will be returned with the manuscript.
- If there are extenuating circumstances preventing Michelle Dunbar from commencing the project on the date agreed, we will contact you in writing at the earliest opportunity and renegotiate the time frame.
- If it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than anticipated from the sample, we may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline or decline to carry out the work.
- We are happy to share your book on our website once it is published (with a link to the listing on Amazon via an affiliate link that allows us to earn a small commission per sale and does not reduce the sum you receive in royalties). Please confirm you are happy for us to do this during the booking process.
- Michelle Dunbar is unable to leave reviews for your book(s) on Amazon or elsewhere as this is deemed a conflict of interest.
- Michelle Dunbar will keep all work confidential and will not share it with anyone other than its contractors (with your permission).
- All content supplied by the Author is owned by the Author.
- Following payment of all invoices, any content created by Michelle Dunbar will become the copyright of the Author.
- This agreement is subject to the laws of Scotland, and both the Author and Michelle Dunbar agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Personal data and GDPR
Michelle Dunbar only asks for the personal information that allows us to do the work we have been hired to do. This includes your:
- Email address
- Personal and/or Pen name
- Book name, content, and word count
*Only essential information is shared with the service providers we subcontract to, all of whom have signed a confidentiality agreement. The information Michelle Dunbar shares with them is limited to your name and book content. They are not provided with your email address.
Software and websites we use to store your data:
|Onedrive||Cloud drive. Password protected|
|Gmail||Email delivery system. Password protected|
|Paypal||Online payment processor. Password protected|
|Ionos||Webhost. EU based servers. Password protected|
|WordPress||Hosted by Ionus. Password protected. Hidden from search engines.|
- A client portal is available for authors to view their current and upcoming schedule, view progress made, and make payments.
- The payment processors used are Paypal and Transferwise
- BACS is available (and preferred) for residents of the United Kingdom.
No guarantees are made as to the saleability or marketability of the edited manuscript.
Accept our terms and conditions
Terms and conditions form: 11/07/2020
This form is for completion by authors who have received a quotation and sample edit.